The Smuggler’s Ranch House, located on Santa Cruz Island off the coast of Santa Barbara, California was originally built in 1887 out of rubble masonry with lime mortar to hold it all together. The island used to be the largest privately held island off the continental United States before being transferred to the National Park Service and the Nature Conservancy. It was used for extensive ranching for much of its history but can now be visited as a National Park. The restoration of the Smuggler’s Ranch House began in the summer of 2012 using the 3-coat process with different graded EcoMortar® and finished with Lime Paint.
/ / / / The Smuggler’s Ranch House, Santa Cruz Island, California